GITI TIRE AT THE 127TH ROSE PARADE
Giti Tire, along with its Facebook contest winners and guests attended the 127th Rose Parade® in Pasadena, CA. Giti Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of the 2016 Rose Parade and Presenting Sponsor of the Decorating Places.
Giti Tire entertained visitors from all over the country at the Giti booth located at the Expo Village inside the Brookside Pavillion from December 27th through 31st. Thousands of multi-generational fans stopped by the booth and played a very entertaining football toss.
The contest winners received round trip airfare, two nights’ hotel stay and tickets to the parade, the VIP tailgate party, and the college football bowl game.
The winners have many compelling stories on why they wanted to win, from a lifelong Rose Parade fan to a woman dedicating the trip to a younger sister who passed away after attending last year’s game.
As a sponsor, Giti Tire had signage all over Decorating Places and along the parade route. Approximately 35,000 visited Decorating Places and 700,000 spectators lined the streets of Pasadena and millions more watched the parade on various TV broadcasts.
The Giti Tire (USA) Facebook page gained almost 4,000 new fans during the contest. Facebook and Twitter combined generated 87 percent of the entry shares. Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn accounted for most of the other 13 percent.
“The Rose Parade sponsorship and accompanying Facebook contest represented first steps in building awareness in North America for Giti as a global tire company with excellent product quality and customer service, along with a strong commitment to the communities we serve,” said Joe Anzelmo, Senior Marketing Manager, Advertising & Promotions, Giti Tire (USA), Ltd.